Competition Rules and Information
Entry deadline – February 24, 2017
Mead arrival dates – January 09, 2017 – February 25, 2017
Please Ship Domestic Entries (USA) to:
Elite Brands of Colorado
Attn: Brett Boyd-Director of Warehouse Operations
4780 Holly Street
For the most current MCI style guidelines please click here
Please make any checks payable to: Mazer Cup International
All commercial entries must be produced in a duly licensed commercial facility.
- Please use the online entry system. Click here to enter.
- Please be sure to check the style guidelines before you enter.
- Entrants are responsible for categorization of their entries.
- Please provide all pertinent information requested on the entry form.
- Entries that fail to list the sweetness or carbonation levels will be judged relative to the defaults defined in the most current Mazer Cup International Mead Style guidelines.
- Entries and payment are due by the entry deadline at the address listed in this document.
- All entries become the property of the Mazer Cup International and will not be returned.
- Any questions or disputes will be settled by the competition organizers, and all decisions are final.
- All shipping containers must be clearly labeled: “SAMPLE ONLY NOT FOR RESALE”
- Click here for a printable label.
- Please send three (3) 750ml bottles (or equivalent) per entry
- 2017 fees are $75.00 USD per entry
- The point system, judging standards, and MCI competition process will be discussed prior to judging
- No judge or steward will be assigned to a flight in which they have an entry.
- Entries will be poured in a separate room from where judging is conducted.
- Each glass will be identified only by a numbered tag before being sent for judging.
- Judges will evaluate the meads according to the most current Mazer Cup Meadery Style Guidelines.
- Judges are instructed to provide helpful, descriptive and constructive feedback for the meads they judge.
- Gold (first), silver (second) and bronze (third) medals will be awarded to the best meads in each category.
- Judges may choose not to award medals if no mead in the category merits a medal.
- All judge decisions are final.
When using a MCIMC medal winning mead in advertising please be sure to:
- State the full name and year of the competition.
- State the award granted (gold, silver, bronze or honorable mention)
- No other claims may be made based upon an award from this competition.
- Thank you for your cooperation and understanding