URGENT NOTICE TO ALL INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL COMPETITION PARTICIPANTS
Many of you are aware that there is a government shutdown in progress in the United States of America. This is going to affect international commercial competition entries negatively. Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) are closed and are not processing COLA waivers. This will impact all International entries being shipped to the Mazer Cup International Mead Competition.
A backlog of unprocessed COLA waivers is being created and will have to be cleared before any new COLA waivers can be processed. This will increase the wait time and will very likely cause your entries to be delayed past the arrival deadline for the competition. If you have an alternate method of getting your entries to the competition, we suggest that you pursue that method for sending your entries to the competition. We have no influence or control over the government shutdown, the TTB or US Customs, and the effect it will have on delaying your entries.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
President, The Mazer Cup International Mead Competition
IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL
COMMERCIAL COMPETITION ENTRIES
The Mazer Cup International Mead Competition is very pleased that we will again be receiving International Entries this year through our sponsor and partner Centeur Imports LLC of New Hampshire.
Brian Green is the proprietor of this import company and they are in business to educate and tempt the American palate with rare, award-winning mead and wine from Central and Eastern Europe. We are very fortunate and excited to be working with Brian and Centeur Imports LLC and look forward to receiving Mazer Cup International entries for our 2019 Competition.
Remember, if you have already have a US based distributor for your meads, please have your distributor ship your entries to our US based receiver (Elite Brands) and note that it has been shipped on the online entry form.
If you are an International Commercial Meadery and you will be attending the Mazer Cup in person, you may hand carry your entries and deliver them after they have been registered on our website. Please be sure to follow the instructions below:
- No hand carried entries will be accepted from any domestic meadery. No exceptions.
- International hand carried entries MUST be registered in our online entry system.
- International hand carried entries MUST arrive no later than 2:00 PM, Thursday 14 March, 2019.
- There will be a special MCI Check-in desk for commercial international entries only in the Atrium (bottom level).
- Hand carried commercial international entries must be delivered to the MCI Check-in desk only.
Please click here to enter the Meadery Competition
International Commercial Competition Shipping Information
IMPORTANT UPDATE for 2019: You must contact Brian Green of Centeur Imports LLC by email (email@example.com) BEFORE you ship any entries.
- No In person drop-offs will be accepted by Centeur Imports LLC
PLEASE SHIP INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL COMPETITION ENTRIES TO:
For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial Competition Shipping within the USA:
- Please do not contact Elite-Brands with questions about shipping
- No in-person entries will be accepted by Elite-Brands
PLEASE SHIP DOMESTIC COMMERCIAL COMPETITION ENTRIES TO:
Elite Brands of Colorado
Attn: Brett Boyd-Director of Warehouse Operations
4780 Holly Street
Denver, CO 80216
- All shipping containers must be clearly labeled: “SAMPLE ONLY NOT FOR RESALE”
- Click here for a printable label.
- Please send three (3) 750ml bottles (or equivalent) per entry
- 2019 fees are $75.00 USD per entry