Click the Green Button Below to enter the Home Competition.

ENTER HOME

 

Click the Blue Button Below to enter the Commercial Competition.

CLICK TO ENTER COMMERCIAL

 


 

All volunteers, judges, stewards, and MCI staff, please click the big red button below to reserve your rooms for MCI 2021!

 

Reserve your rooms now!

 

 

THE 2021 MAZER CUP INTERNATIONAL MEAD COMPETITION

October 25-29, 2021

Updated August 13, 2021

Mazer Cup International

This competition is produced and operated by mead-lovers and enthusiasts from across the USA who want to see mead restored to its rightful place as a mainstream beverage everyone can enjoy.

Mazer Cup International Quick Facts:

  • MCI board members, directors, or competition managers, are not permitted to enter the competition
  • MCI is an independent, and Bonafide 501c3 competition
  • MCI is not operated by or affiliated with any Homebrew club
  • MCI is not operated by or affiliated with any Commercial Meadery
  • MCI is the the largest Mead-Only competition in the world
  • MCI was one of the original AMMA MMOTY circuit based on quality of competition and feedback
  • MCI judging pool is by invitation
  • MCI BOS is judged by 5 of the top Mead judges in the world

We are not affiliated with any meaderies, and we operate independently of any commercial mead organizations or associations. Most of us have been actively working as volunteers since the 2006 Home and Commercial Mead Competitions at the International Mead Festival in Boulder, CO. We travel to Broomfield, CO every year to help put on this competition and associated events. We pay our own transportation, lodging, meals and associated costs out of our own pockets. We are reimbursed for direct MCI related expenses only.

The Mazer Cup International Mead Competition is operated and hosted by the Mazer Cup International Incorporated., a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization. No funds are disbursed to board or planning committee members except to reimburse out of pocket expenses which are verified by receipts/invoices. The Mazer Cup International is an IRS approved and registered non-profit as well as a State of Colorado registered non-profit. All proceeds from entry fees and associated events are used to fund the competitions and to give financial support to the Community Food Share.

The Mazer Cup International Mead Competition and associated events are funded by competition entry fees, donations, and sponsorships. This revenue also enables us to donate to the Community Food Share serving the Boulder and Broomfield communities. Since 2015, proceeds from the Mead Mixer have funded over 27,000 meals to the food insecure in Boulder and Broomfield counties.

Federal Tax ID #: 46-2154298

 

Pete Bakulić
President,
The Mazer Cup International Mead Competition 2021

 


Community Food ShareCommunity Food Share provides direct support to families, seniors, and other individuals who struggle with hunger in Boulder and Broomfield Counties. 32% of Community Food Share’s food is distributed through these programs (the remaining 68% is distributed through our Partner Agencies).

Feeding Families

Feeding Families is Community Food Share’s onsite pantry that serves families with children participating in the free and reduced lunch program, Head Start, and the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). Families come once a week, and our “choice pantry” model allows them to choose the fresh produce, milk, grains, and other healthy staples they need. Learn more.

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)

Community Food Share provides emergency food and nutrition assistance through The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), a Federal program through the USDA. Participants receive groceries twice a month: TEFAP provides commodity foods including pantry and frozen items, and Community Food Share supplies fresh produce, bread, and dairy items. Eligibility for this program is determined by income guidelines set by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Learn more.

Elder Share

The Elder Share program is a lifeline for many low-income seniors in our community. Community Food Share delivers food twice a month to neighborhood sites throughout Boulder and Broomfield Counties, and seniors who are homebound receive home delivery. Food choices include fresh produce, canned food, cereal, bread, and commodity foods from the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), a program that is administered at the federal level by the USDA’s Food and Nutrition Service. Learn more.

Copyright 2020-2022 The Mazer Cup International Incorporated