Competition Rules and Information
All entries become the property of the Mazer Cup International Incorporated, and will not be returned.
Entries open on January 3, 2020, 12:00 PM MST
Entries close on March 6, 2020, 12:00 AM MST
Mead shipments will be accepted beginning: 01/07/2020
Entries must arrive at Elite-Brands by 03/14/2020; Late entries will be disqualified.
Please Ship Domestic Entries (USA) to: Elite Brands of Colorado
Attn: Daytime Warehouse Operations Manager
4780 Holly Street
For the most current MCI style guidelines please click here
Please make any checks payable to: Mazer Cup International
All commercial entries must be produced in a duly licensed commercial facility.
- Please use the online entry system. Click here to enter.
- Please be sure to check the style guidelines before you enter.
- Entrants are responsible for categorization of their entries.
- Competition staff (including judges) are not permitted to re-classify or re-categorize incorrectly entered mead.
- All entries become the property of the Mazer Cup International Incorporated, and will not be returned.
- Any and all “Weed/Cannabis/Derivative Mead” entries are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- Butterfly Pea additions and, or, ingredients are prohibited.
- YOU MAY NOT ENTER THE SAME MEAD IN MORE THAN ONE CATEGORY
- Categories may be combined if there are not enough entries to judge in that category. In the event we combine categories, judges will be advised of the original category and instructed to judge the entry according to the original category.
- Please provide all pertinent information requested on the entry form.
- Entries that fail to list the sweetness or carbonation levels will be judged relative to the defaults defined in the most current Mazer Cup International Mead Style guidelines.
- Entries and payment are due by the entry deadline at the address listed in this document.
- All entries become the property of the Mazer Cup International and will not be returned.
- Any questions or disputes will be settled by the competition organizers, and all decisions are final.
- All shipping containers must be clearly labeled: “SAMPLE ONLY NOT FOR RESALE”
- Please send three (3) 750ml bottles (or equivalent) per entry
- 2019 fees are $75.00 USD per entry
- The point system, judging standards, and MCI competition process will be discussed prior to judging
- No judge or steward will be assigned to a flight in which they have an entry.
- Entries will be poured in a separate room from where judging is conducted.
- Each glass will be identified only by a numbered tag before being sent for judging.
- Judges will evaluate the meads according to the most current Mazer Cup Meadery Style Guidelines.
- Judges are instructed to provide helpful, descriptive and constructive feedback for the meads they judge.
- Gold (first), silver (second) and bronze (third) medals will be awarded to the best meads in each category.
- Judges may choose not to award medals if no mead in the category merits a medal.
- All judge decisions are final.
When using a MCIMC medal winning mead in advertising please be sure to:
- State the full name and year of the competition.
- State the award granted (gold, silver, bronze or honorable mention)
- No other claims may be made based upon an award from this competition.
- Thank you for your cooperation and understanding